Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2021 for Health Safety and Security Assistant
This page will provide you the right information related to Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment. All you need to do is stay focus and read through to get the right information concerning Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2021.
The main aim of the Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment is to create jobs. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. It is very important that you take advantage of this opportunity to apply for it. But wait, before applying, you need to know requirements, qualifications, salary, and how to apply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety and Security Assistant
Job Identification: 3663
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Health, Safety and Security
Job Schedule: Full time
Background of the Position
- This is an exciting role for a highly motivated, dedicated candidate to develop and grow a career in INGO security risk management within the NRC Nigeria. The successful candidate will be exposed to a wealth of experience in hostile contexts in Adamawa (Yola, Mubi, Michika, Madagali) and Southern Borno (Biu, Askira Uba, Gwoza, Pulka) to support the Area South Staff to manage and mitigate the associated health, safety, and security risks.
- The Health, Safety and Security Assistant, under the direct working supervision of the HSS Officer and working together with other HSS staff, will support the Area Manager in the implementation of mitigation strategies and measures to reduce risk to NRC staff, assets, programs, and image in Area South Field Offices. The NRC Area south field offices are in Mubi LGA, Yola north and south LGA, Biu LGA, and Gwoza LGA (southern Borno). While initially being based in Yola, the Assistant will spend 80% of his/her time travelling to field locations to ensure that adequate HSS risk mitigation measures are in place. This will also include regular travels together with Program Staff to various program implementation sites and assist in navigating the daily challenges which might include access challenges.
- The HSSA will play an integral part in ensuring that there is compliance to NRC MOSS and MOISS standards, and that staff undergoes the mandatory training. In the Field Offices, the HSSA will work closely with the Field Coordinators (FC) to ensure that there are smooth day-to-day operations.
- The HSSA will receive regular on-job training and technical capacity building from the Country HSS Manager or Coordinator. The position is a core member Field Incident Response Team (FIRT) and will participate in field office level meetings/coordination.
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the HSSA is to provide support for the day-to-day security operations in the Field Offices to ensure the proper safety and security coverage is provided to all staff, visitors, and consultants in Area South Field Offices. These include;
- Assist the Field Coordinators and HSSO to Implement NRC’s HSS Policies and SoPs in the Field Offices.
- Ensure that physical security mitigation measures put in place in the field office or Guest Houses are updated and report any areas of concern to the Field Coordinator or HSS Officer for action.
- Work closely with the Field Coordinators to supervise contracted security guards deployed to the field offices.
- Conduct HSS Briefing and Induction to all staff, new hired and visitors to deployed to the Field Offices and ensure that record of all briefing conducted in the field offices is kept following the informed consent guideline.
- Will ensure that all safety equipment like first aid boxes is well maintained and equipped. This will include ensuring that all vehicles used by NRC have fully equipped first aid kits.
- In Collaboration with the HSS Officer, he/she will support in conducting mandatory HSS training to NRC staff deployed in Area south Office.
- Establish and maintain a network with other external actors (INGOs, UN, Security Agencies, Community) in the field offices for the purposes of information sharing and collaboration.
- Accompany NRC program staff to field locations within the AoR in order to better develop an awareness of the challenges faced by staff in the field.
- Ensure that all incidents impacting NRC staff, assets, and programs in the Field Offices are reported to the FC and HSSO and properly documented.
- Work closely with HSS-CMC to ensure that all staff travelling to and those based in the Field Offices are tracked and reported accordingly. This will also include that all required communication and tracking equipment are available and in good working condition.
- Give regular daily context updates to the Field Coordinator and HSS Officer before the commencement of field activities.
- Ensure that access control procedures to the field Office/Guest House are adequately enforced by the security guards.
- Ensure that all staff travelling to the program location carry functional communication equipment and tracking devices.
- Together with the HSS officer and field coordinators, Conduct daily staff headcount and report to HSS CMC and Area Manager.
- Regularly check the functionality of fire extinguishers, exit gates, smoke detectors, fire alarms, CCTVs, and other installations within the field office. Any faulty should be immediately reported to FC and HSSO.
- Ensure all staff travelling to the program site have a dully-filled Travel Authorisation Request (TAR).
- Is a member of the COVID – 19 Field Office Committee and works with the Field Coordinators to implement COVID – 19 prevention measures in the NRC field office.
- Liaison with different stakeholders and support the Field Coordinator and HSS Officer in organizing meetings when required.
- Work with Logistic Team in the Field to conduct safety assessment of vehicles rented for use by NRC in the Field Offices. This will include regular briefing and vetting of rented drivers to ensure they meet the NRC standards.
- Ensure that all communication equipment (Satellite phones, GPS trackers, CCTVs) are in good working condition and available for use by staff in the Field Offices.
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC Nigeria Program Core Competencies
- NRC Humanitarian Access Team
- NRC Logistics and other Support Units
- Government (State and Federal) local Government authorities.
- University Degree / HND in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian/Refugee Affairs, and Disaster Risk Management.
- HND in a relevant similar field will be considered.
- 0 to 3 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or government or private sector.
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
- They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Professional Competencies for this position:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with different stakeholders
- Report-writing ability and security incident analysis. This will include conflict analysis and research capabilities.
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NSCDC, etc) is a desired advantage. A certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Basic and advanced computer skills are mandatory (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Working skills of communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker, CCTV) is added advantage.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in North-East Nigeria is desired
- Basic web-based mapping knowledge or GIS is added advantage.
Context Related Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Understanding and respect for humanitarian work, particularly relating to refugee and displacement issues.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Understanding of local language is mandatory (Hausa, Fulani, etc)
- Ability to work under stress and in high-risk contexts areas.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours. Should be reachable 24/7 on phone.
- Knowledge of the conflict situation in Adamawa and Northeast Nigeria.
- The ability to travel regularly to the field independently is essential.
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Willingness to do other tasks as required.
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th November, 2021 at 13:35
If you want to stay updated on Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2021 kindly drop your email address in the subscription box below and we will keep you updated.
❤️ Susan want to meet you! Click Here: http://inx.lv/6vNh?h=2cc80829dbb0652526a335f5dec89afc- ❤️
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really one thing which I think I might never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely vast for me. I am having a look forward in your subsequent put up, I¦ll attempt to get the hold of it!
I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks , I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your web site?
Awsome post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is really the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you 🙂
A person essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular publish extraordinary. Great job!
Hello. splendid job. I did not expect this. This is a splendid story. Thanks!
certainly like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I will certainly come again again.
Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…
Artificial intelligence creates content for the site, no worse than a copywriter, you can also use it to write articles. 100% uniqueness, scheduled posting to your WordPress :). Click Here: https://stanford.io/3FXszd0